Your arrival to resort
The Chill Alp team are looking forward to welcoming you on your arrival to Courchevel/Tignes. Below is a guide on travelling to the resort.
When planning your travel arrangements please be aware that check-in time on Saturday is 15.00. The chalet team will be very busy preparing for your arrival, so please bear this in mind should you arrive early. You are welcome to leave your bags in the chalet and use the facilities to get changed and hit the slopes.
On departure we ask that you vacate the chalets by 10.00 am to assist us in preparing for new arrivals and allowing us to guarantee the same level of service you received on your arrival.
Traveling to resorts by Car
Travelling by car can be the simplest and also sometimes the most economical. The following are some of the many companies offering channel crossings:,
Le Shuttle +44(0) 8443 353 535
P&O Ferries +44(0) 8706 002 002
Sea France +44(0) 8705 711 711
The drive from Calais to the Tarentaise is approximately 600miles and takes around nine hours using the large traffic free motorways; please remember using these roads incur tolls. If you would like to see more of the rural France, many guests use back roads and break the journey up by including a stop off en route. There are a number of hotel chains that you can book with, including Premier Classe and the Accor Hotels Group. Their websites are in English, often include local tourist information, and offer online booking facilities.
Click for more Information on travelling by road
Traveling to resort Train
Travelling by train can be by far the easiest way to get to the Alps and ever more people are taking advantage of this.
You can travel directly via Eurostar or on the combined and sometimes cheaper Eurostar and TGV services directly from Paris to Moutiers (Courchevel) or Bourg St Maurice (Tignes).
If using the Snow Train service departing from Central London, you can check in just 60 minutes before departure and are permitted 2 suitcases hand luggage PLUS free ski/board bag. Then sit back and relax all the way to France, from where it’s just a 30 minute transfer up to the chalets.
Currently there are two Snow-train services each week:
- Friday evening: At around 19.30 the night train departs from St. Pancras International, arriving in Moutiers/Bourg early Saturday morning. This means you can get an extra day’s skiing if you choose. If you couple this with the late train the following Saturday then you can ski for 8 days!!!
- Saturday morning: A train departs St. Pancras International at 10am, arriving in Moutiers/Bourg around 6pm.
Check out the EuroStar website for full up to date details or call +44(0) 8432 186 186
Also a third party site giving quotes on complete journeys from UK to Moutiers, RailEurope.
Traveling by Air
There are four airports within easy reach of the Courchevel/Tignes:
- Geneva approximately 2.5/3 hours
- Lyon approximately 2.5/3 hours
- Grenoble approximately 2.5/3 hours
- Chambery approximately 1.5/2 hours
Check out some of the following websites for flights:
- Chambery airport approx 51euro return, special offer for groups
- Geneva airport
- Lyon Airport approx 73euro return, special offers for groups
- Grenoble Airport, Bens bus operates transfers from Grenoble to Moutier
Altibus has all public bus information and specific airport and bus maps.
- If arriving in Geneva, there is a train service operating from the airport to Moutier-Salins-Bridges-Les-Bai or Bourg St Maurice, taking approximately 3.5 hrs. This service costs roughly £55 return. Please see their website for full details.
By private transfer:
The following are a selection of transfer companies offer private transfers from all the four major airports or sometimes shared private transfers.
Companies in Courchevel
Companies in Tignes
Car hire is often a cheap way of getting to the resort if there are only a small number of you a quick search prices range from as little as £120-300 for a week depending on the vehicle. It’s an easy drive from all of the major airports as most of it is on the motor-way.
If arranging car hire yourself and arriving at Geneva airport, hiring the car on the Swiss side of the airport is much easier and, in general, the cars come with snow tyres and chains as standard.
Please note that whilst traveling in the Alps snow chains are mandatory from December to April and you can be fined and denied access to the mountains if you do not have them.